The Simons Collaboration on Global Categorical Symmetries is a joint physics and mathematics research program focused on the interplay between quantum field theory, topology, higher category theory and representation theory. We are inviting applications for postdoctoral fellowships to begin in the 2022-2023 academic year. Applicants must have received the Ph.D. degree prior to the start of the appointment, and must demonstrate excellent research potential in areas germane to the Collaboration themes.
Postdoctoral members of the collaboration will have a primary supervisor based in one location, but will have the opportunity to make extended visits to other collaboration sites, to contribute to numerous joint research activities, and to participate in collaboration workshops and summer schools. Mathematics postdocs may also have the opportunity to teach, with details to be agreed between supervisor and candidate at the time an offer is made (and subject to approval by the host institution).
Applications for Physics positions and for Perimeter Institute/Dalhousie should be submitted through a common application at Academic Jobs Online: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/20090. We also encourage applications to apply to postdoc positions at the individual hosting institutions linked below.
Applications for Mathematics positions other than Perimeter Institute/Dalhousie should be submitted individually for each desired host institution; links will be supplied below as they become available. Additionally, Mathematics applicants should click here to record their basic information.
Applications will be reviewed jointly by the Collaboration PI’s. For full consideration, applications should be received by December 5, 2021.
The collaboration sites and the corresponding Principal Investigators are:
- Durham University (Matthew Bullimore, Iñaki García Extebarria; physics). SCGCS common application (AJO).
- Harvard University (Mike Hopkins; mathematics)
- Indiana University (Julia Plavnik; mathematics)
- Johns Hopkins University (Ibrahima Bah; physics). SCGCS common application (AJO).
- Perimeter Institute & Dalhousie University (Theo Johnson-Freyd; mathematics). SCGCS common application (AJO). Institution-specific application (AJO).
- Technical University of Munich (Claudia Scheimbauer; mathematics)
- University of California Berkeley (Constantin Teleman, Nicolai Reshetikhin; mathematics). APPLY (AP Recruit)
- University of California Los Angeles (Thomas Dumitrescu; physics). SCGCS common application (AJO).
- University of California San Diego (Ken Intriligator; physics). SCGCS common application (AJO).
- University of Chicago (Clay Córdova; physics). SCGCS common application (AJO). Institution-specific application (AJO))
- University of Edinburgh (David Jordan; mathematics)
- University of Texas Austin (Dan Freed; mathematics). APPLY (MathJobs)
- Uppsala University (Michele Del Zotto; physics). SCGCS common application (AJO).
- Zurich University (Alberto Cattaneo; mathematics)
All institutions involved are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.